Last Updated: December 10th, 2018
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information from you when you interact with us via this Site‚ and other retail locations. Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we may collect includes your name‚ email address‚ mailing address‚ shipping address‚ phone number‚ and payment card information. When you ask us to ship an order‚ we collect the information you provide to us‚ such as the name‚ billing address‚ shipping address‚ and phone number of recipients. Here are some examples of ways in which you may choose to interact with us:
- Creating an personal account on our Site;
- Making an online‚ offline retail location, or catalog purchase from us;
- Requesting customer service or otherwise contacting us;
- Submitting a story‚ testimonial‚ rating or review‚ or other content to the Site for possible posting on the Site;
- Participating in a contest‚ sweepstake‚ promotion‚ or survey;
- Opting in to a text message program; or
- Otherwise submitting personal information to us
Information from Other Sources
We also may collect information about you from third party sources. The information we collect from third party sources may include things like demographic information and purchase preference information. The third party sources may include public databases‚ social media platforms‚ data append services‚ data sharing cooperatives‚ and others.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of technological information when you interact with our Site‚ our emails‚ and our online advertisements. This information is intended to help our Site work properly‚ to help us evaluate use of our Site‚ and to support our website analytics and marketing campaigns. Here are some examples of such information:
- We may collect technical information like your internet protocol address‚ your device operating system and browser type‚ the address of a referring website‚ if any‚ and the pages you view on our Site.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to the Site. This allows us to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your computer‚ tablet or smartphone.
- We may also use web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs). These web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited‚ an email was opened‚ or if ad banners on our Site and other sites were effective.
Single Sign-On Services
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Waterproof Warrior uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment‚ internal business processes‚ marketing‚ authentication‚ loss and fraud prevention‚ public safety and legal functions. Here are some examples of the ways in which we use your information:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer surveys‚ sweepstakes‚ contests‚ and promotions;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information‚ including recalls;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings‚ websites‚ and advertising;
- To send you information about our products‚ services‚ and promotions via various channels including email; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
We may use your personal information to allow you to send messages to a friend through this Site. By using this functionality‚ you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
To accomplish these purposes‚ we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect with offline information‚ including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information with our corporate affiliates for these purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We disclose your personal information to third parties with your prior consent or under the following circumstances:
Waterproof Warrior may share your personal information with service providers and other third parties who need access to your information to provide operational or other support services‚ such as payment processors‚ shipping agents‚ product fulfillment vendors‚ and companies that help us improve our product and service offers and our Site. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition‚ unless otherwise disclosed to you‚ our service providers are not authorized to use or disclose your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
Legal Requirements‚ Safety‚ and Loss Prevention
Waterproof Warrior may disclose your personal information in other special circumstances. For example‚ we may provide personal information about you to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law‚ when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it‚ or to respond to requests from government authorities. There may be instances when we may use or disclose your personal information in order to protect or defend the legal rights‚ property or operations of Waterproof Warrior or our employees or agents; to protect the rights‚ privacy‚ safety or security of users‚ members or others; to protect against fraud; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Waterproof Warrior may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Waterproof Warrior or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared.
If you would like to opt out of Waterproof Warrior promotional emails‚ please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each such email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include your full name‚ the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive‚ and your contact information.
Please allow a reasonable time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 2-4 weeks to process other requests.
We may still contact you for transactional purposes such as customer service‚ product information‚ service notices‚ or recalls. We may also contact you with questions or information regarding your order‚ such as regarding order status‚ shipment‚ or refunds.
You can learn more about how to make these requests by e-mailing email@example.com and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
We may retain your personal data even after you have made certain choices if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We also may also retain de-personalized information after honoring your request(s).
INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISEMENTS/ONLINE ADVERTISEMENTS
Waterproof Warrior works with third party service providers who help serve ads on our behalf on various online advertising networks. The online ad networks may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. You may see ads for Waterproof Warrior on participating websites based on how you browse our Site as well as how you browse those websites.
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them‚ blocking them‚ or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function. You can choose to browse our Site without accepting our Site’s cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page‚ and they support your transactions with us. Without these cookies enabled‚ you may not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain Site features.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
REMOVAL OF CONTENT POSTED BY A MINOR
Waterproof Warrior maintains reasonable and appropriate physical‚ administrative‚ and technical controls to protect your personal information. For example‚ we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology‚ the industry standard in transferring information‚ to process orders. While we work very hard to protect your privacy‚ no method of security is guaranteed to be effective‚ and we cannot be responsible for the actions of those who may gain unauthorized access to your personal information. Waterproof Warrior makes no warranties‚ express‚ implied or otherwise‚ as to the ultimate effectiveness of our reasonable and appropriate safeguards.
Waterproof Warrior mobile applications may collect certain information automatically‚ such as the type of mobile device you use‚ the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (UDIDs) placed by us or our service providers‚ the IP address of your mobile device‚ your mobile operating system‚ the type of mobile Internet browsers you use‚ and information about the way you use our mobile applications
Our mobile applications may also collect precise information about the location of your device if you first provide permission through your device before our mobile applications obtain such location information from technologies like GPS‚ Wi-Fi‚ or cell tower proximity (or a combination of these technologies). Waterproof Warrior and our service providers may use and store this information‚ in combination with other location-based information such as IP address and billing or postal code provided by you at time of your mobile application registration‚ to provide enhanced location based services‚ such as store specific services‚ search results‚ and other content. To opt-out of the collection of location data‚ see below.
There are multiple options for users of our mobile applications to opt-out of the collection and use of your precise location information
- You can stop all collection of information by our mobile applications easily by uninstalling the mobile application. You may use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. If you uninstall a mobile application from your device‚ the Waterproof Warrior unique identifier associated with your device may continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same device‚ Waterproof Warrior will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions.
- You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
COMMUNICATIONS BY TELEPHONE
Calls may be recorded for monitoring our customer service standards and for security. By using the call system you are providing affirmative consent to recording by Waterproof Warrior.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Waterproof Warrior or its service providers maintain facilities. By using this Site‚ you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence‚ including the United States‚ which may have different data protection rules than in your country. This Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state‚ country or territory other than that of the United States.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and Waterproof Warrior customer you have the right to request information from Waterproof Warrior regarding the manner in which Waterproof Warrior shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Waterproof Warrior at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information Waterproof Warrior disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and
- If the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name‚ examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Waterproof Warrior’s designated email address for such requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request to Opt Out of Third Party Marketing: We may make portions of our catalog and e-mail lists available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you. If you prefer to have your name withheld from these lists‚ please call us at 570-474-3611 or email email@example.com.